Microsoft Surface Book 2
The latest addition to a line of well-refined products, the Microsoft Surface Book 2 is a slim, portable device that still manages to have a very substantial feel. Its watchband hinge offers plenty of stability at any angle, and can also be detached for tablet operation.
- Geforce gtx 1050 graphics card
- Standalone video memory
- Poor adobe rgb coverage
Lenovo ThinkPad P71
From the Intel Xeon chipset to the recent and commercial-grade Quadro P5000 video card, everything in the Lenovo ThinkPad P71 is designed for the most demanding multimedia professionals. It can handle nearly any raw video or CAD task without missing a beat.
- 16 gigabytes of dedicated video ram
- Built-in hardware color calibration
- One of the most expensive choices
Lenovo X1 Yoga
One of just a couple portables available anywhere with an emissive display, the 2nd-generation Lenovo X1 Yoga’s ultra-high-contrast OLED technology makes up for its merely average brightness rating. Because it’s last year’s model, it’s also highly affordable.
- Zero backlight bleed
- Accommodates most of the adobe gamut
- Only a 7th-gen intel processor
MSI WE73 8SK
Geared toward those who work with complex, moving content, the MSI WE73 8SK is full of some especially powerful components. These include a workstation-grade GPU, an H-series Core processor, and a whopping 32 gigabytes of system memory.
- Great for professional engineers
- Ultra-fast samsung evo 970 ssd
- Maximum resolution of 1080p
Razer Blade 15
The high-efficiency Nvidia Max-Q technology inside the Razer Blade 15 provides incredible consumer-level performance, while drawing less power than the competition. It’s one of the ways this brushed-aluminum beauty manages to stay incredibly light and thin.
- Uhd panel with slim bezel design
- 144-hertz 1080p panel also offered
- A considerably costly choice
Apple MacBook Pro
Tailored to deliver an impressively user-friendly experience, the Apple MacBook Pro is an immensely popular model for good reason. It boasts complete coverage of the DCI-P3 space, and it’s part of a large ecosystem of streamlined multimedia tools.
- Incredibly low delta-e deviation
- 500-nit average brightness rating
- Remarkably consistent color
Dell XPS 15 9575
Driven by one of the latest mobile chipsets, the Dell XPS 15 9575 combines the power of Intel and AMD to deliver great performance in a slim, convertible package. It features the brand’s renowned InfinityEdge display, which has a respectable 400 nits of average brightness.
- Includes a premium active stylus
- Capable multitasking experience
- Discrete radeon vega m gpu
Gigabyte Aero 15X V8
If you plan to spend a lot of time working along with some gaming, the Gigabyte Aero 15X V8 may be right for you. It’s moderately priced for such a high-powered model, and its massive 94-watt-hour battery will keep it running for hours longer than most.
- A half-terabyte pcie ssd
- 100-percent adobe coverage
- Rgb-lit mechanical keyboard
Asus Zenbook UX550
The Asus Zenbook UX550 promises to display the entire Adobe gamut on a brilliant, 4K, UHD touchscreen. It’s powered by an eighth-generation Intel CPU, and a GTX 1050 TI graphics processor, which has 4 gigabytes of dedicated RAM.
- Hk-class cpu is overclockable
- Large 71-watt-hour battery
- Lots of power at a reasonable price
HP ZBook X360 G5
The top-of-the-line HP ZBook X360 G5 features an adjustable RGB backlight that results in accurate, cinema-quality color. It automatically switches between its embedded and discrete GPUs based on the task at hand, saving energy and reducing heat dissipation.
- Scratchproof corning gorilla glass
- 360-degree rotating hinge
- Dual thunderbolt 3 ports