Razer Blade 15
Though squarely aimed at the gaming market, the Razer Blade 15 contains the powerful components needed to cover a huge range of tasks for multimedia professionals. Nvidia’s streamlined Max-Q series GPU means you won’t have to wait around for images and videos to render.
- 4k resolution at 60 hertz
- Ram is upgradeable to 32 gigabytes
- Runs pretty hot during heavy use
Gigabyte Aero 15X
The Gigabyte Aero 15X is packed with some of the most powerful hardware you’ll find, and it automatically switches from the discrete GTX 1070 to the integrated Intel GPU when it detects that you don’t need the extra horsepower, enabling increased life between charges.
- Built-in rj45 ethernet port
- Complete adobe gamut coverage
- Per-key rgb keyboard lighting
HP ZBook X2
Featuring an advanced DreamColor backlighting system that’s easily tuned to your desired temperature, the HP ZBook X2 is built to satisfy the most demanding users. Inside are 32 gigabytes of RAM, and a massive, 1-terabyte solid-state drive.
- 2 gigabytes of graphics memory
- Convenient detachable design
- Slightly outdated processor
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga
Even though the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga was recently superseded by a slightly updated 3rd generation, this 2nd-gen model remains the only one on the market with an OLED display. It covers the entire sRGB and Adobe gamuts, and even 97 percent of the vast NTSC spectrum.
- Exceptional static contrast
- 2048-level pressure sensitivity
- Below-average battery life
Dell XPS 13
Those in search of a roadworthy option that won’t set them back a complete fortune, should consider the latest Dell XPS 13 , which does a surprisingly capable job with raw visual data, despite its small size and light weight.
- A backlight rated at nearly 500 nits
- Quad-core cpu enhances multitasking
- Poor pixel response time
Dell XPS 15
Built around the cutting-edge Radeon Vega M graphics card, the Dell XPS 15 is powerful enough to accomplish your Photoshop goals, and then play a couple of games once you’re finished. Its proprietary InfinityEdge LCD has a remarkably slim bezel, plus great color coverage.
- Cpu boosts to over 4 gigahertz
- Satisfying keyboard feel
- Excellent active stylus response
Apple MacBook Air
A longtime favorite of traveling photographers, the Apple MacBook Air fits easily into most camera bags and takes on data-heavy picture processing without missing a beat. This newest version sports a Retina-class display with a 2560 by 1440 resolution.
- Weighs under three pounds
- About half an inch thick
- Lasts up to 12 hours between charges
Microsoft Surface Book 2
With a delta-E rating of less than 2, as well as 95% sRGB coverage, the Microsoft Surface Book 2 is a favorite among skilled editors. It sports a beautiful 3,000 x 2,000-pixel LCD, driven by a dedicated GeForce GTX 1050 GPU.
- Up to 1 terabyte of storage
- Detachable and convertible design
- Boasts all-day battery life
Apple MacBook Pro
Much of the Apple MacBook Pro’s popularity among creative professionals stems from its streamlined, easy-to-use interface. Its recent refresh helps it remain one of the most finely tuned machines on the market, ideal for a wide range of multimedia applications.
- 6-core intel processor
- Embedded radeon graphics
- Top-of-the-line color gamut coverage
HP ZBook x360
Six physical cores within the HP ZBook x360’s high-end CPU combine to make this one of the most capable multitasking machines that can fit on your lap. It features an attractive, angular design, and 16 gigabytes of DDR4 RAM.
- Polished typing experience
- Above-average display accuracy
- Well-priced for such high quality